Friday 21 March 2014

Is It Appealing or a Waste Of Time?

A blog is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web and consisting of different posts typically displayed in reverse chronological order (from the most recent post to the oldest). Nowadays, the number of blogs is increasing, some have value, and others do not. Personally, I think that the blogs that have a specific theme mostly do have value and are better for the visitors, since the blogger would focus in one subject only, conversely, he will post meaningful ideas or news that are related to that theme. However, with a theme, the viewers would know what the blog is basically about before accessing it, and this might rise the number of views since those who are interested in the theme would continuously check the latest entries; thus, I think that my blog does have value, especially for those who are into fashion.

First, my blog is easy to navigate, so even those who are not very used to social networks but like to read and listen to fashion news, can simply find the content. For example, my previous posts are designed to be on the blog archive on the sidebar which allows the viewer to view all of these posts by date; besides, it is easy to add comments to my posts. It is neither complicated nor difficult to comprehend; therefore, it fits those who have poor English vocab. Not only that, but it also have a theme, so the viewers would already know what they will look for and read about, which is fashion and things related to it. This means that the topics are appealing and are related to them.

Second, it talks about the latest news of celebrities and their latest problems in their private/wide-ranging life, which means that it would not only attract those who are interested in fashion, but also the ones who are paying attention to the never ending interesting news of some celebrities and popular people in these fields. Moreover, my blog does not include the latest trends in fashion only, but it also talks about the area around fashion and the people that work there, which makes the content uncommon.

In the other hand, I admit that the theme might not be fascinating to some people, which gives a negative point to my blog; furthermore, I recognize that I must add new posts constantly and put in some links to other blogs that are related to mine or those that I likes, to improve my blog, and this will surely increase the number of views to it. In addition, the comments are rarely added by others, and this is another depressing point.

However, I believe that the easier the blog is to navigate, the better it would be for the viewers, since they have different ages and patients. For myself, I get bored while trying to navigate a hard-using blogs, so I end up closing them in most of the times. As a result, I designed mine to be as simple as possible; thus, the blogger should take care of this point for his blog visitors' sake. In addition, although the good blogs should contain a theme, but the more generic the theme is, the more contents the blogger will be able to add, the better the blog will be. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mouza!
    To have someone completely uninterested in such topics and theme (like me), find your blog very appealing and eye-catching says something about your blog ;)
    I think the reason I'm attracted to your blog is it's design and its name. As you said it's pretty easy to navigate and the posts are easy to comprehend.
    My question to you is: in the future, will you keep discussing fashion and celebrity news or will you discuss issues that are actually worth reading? I feel like fashion and celebrity news are found everywhere but if you discuss things that are fashion related but still interest people who are not into fashion, it will make your blog stand out more.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete